You are searching about How Do I Fix My.Text Messes To Receive In Order, today we will share with you article about How Do I Fix My.Text Messes To Receive In Order was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How Do I Fix My.Text Messes To Receive In Order is useful to you.
Thinking of Updating Your WordPress Site to Gutenberg?
Some thoughts from our pros on WordPress 5.0
If you have a WordPress website, you’ve undoubtedly heard of Gutenberg, the new WordPress editor that’s currently available as a plugin and is expected to be standard in WordPress 5.0. Here at PMA, we LOVE technology and we love NEW technology – especially when it makes our customers’ experience more seamless and they achieve their goals faster and easier.
With all this talk about Gutenberg, we sat down with two of our WordPress pros to share their thoughts and tips with you.
- Do not immediately update to WordPress 5.0 on any launch that is not yet known. New releases are always a little buggy, and this release will be no exception, and possibly even worse. WordPress 5.0 is a “wait and see” release.
- With the release of version 5.0 – the Classic Editor plugin will be bundled for anyone who UPDATES to 5.0. Do not install the classic editor plugin now – wait until you update to 5.0 and then activate the classic editor plugin that is included. This plugin is undergoing a major overhaul and will be different from what is currently in the plugin repository.
- In the current (4.9.x) version of WordPress, Gutenberg is a plugin and the “classic” editor is the default editor. In 5.x this will be reversed. This means that people won’t “have” to start editing in Gutenberg even if they upgrade to version 5 (although they may need to download another plugin).
- Gutenberg still has a few bugs, or rather interface issues, that it needs to iron out. I wouldn’t be surprised if the editor is delayed, although their bug tracker still lists November 27th as a release date. They claim to have a new minor release every two weeks for the foreseeable future after this release. Early adoption may not be the best for many customers.
- From a developer’s point of view, Gutenberg will be great!…eventually. They will not need to teach the end user the shortcodes. Instead, they will use “dynamic blocks” to achieve the same.
- Gutenberg treats pages as designwith text as part of that design, not a text blog with design as part of the text. This pushes people to become defacto designers, not just defacto writers.
- A big plus for Gutenberg that I see initially is that you can reuse blocks. The downside will be that you can create a large number of these reusable blocks, cluttering the interface (or block panel).
- Another big plus (and a huge minus at the same time) is that you can customize each block independently. This will result in great looking pages from people who can design, but also terrible looking pages from those who can’t design but are willing to mess with the design.
- The downside of both of the above “pluses” means possible serious database pollution, so site optimization and caching will become more important, as well as frequent backups.
For existing sites (our pros add), users will be frustrated on three fronts in a short period of time.
- The first one is that it will be tedious to edit existing posts and pages. Users won’t have the “blocks” that Gutenberg boasts about. Gutenberg will treat existing (legacy) content as one giant “classic” block. The concept looks good on paper and sounds good to programmers, but it won’t sit well with people new to Gutenberg’s block concept. They will want to break that big, monolithic block into smaller “real” blocks. This will lead to inconsistencies within a page or post, and people will probably start rewriting many of those pages completely. Posts won’t be that bad because they usually don’t get edited (unless they’re custom posts created by other plugins).
- The second the frustration will be the typical “how to start and where is everything” problem. In Gutenberg, you start typing to let the editor know you want a block of text. At this point, the features similar to the familiar TinyMCE editor (paragraphs, bullets, etc.) appear, and not before. Also, when you copy and paste, Gutenberg treats each paragraph as a block, which confuses the way things are copied and pasted. Something simple is now more complex (although some things that are now complex will be simplified).
- The third the disappointment will be plugins. Many plugins are barely supported or no longer supported. If they have page or post editor components, they may not be updated to support Gutenberg. There will also be a host of new plugins to add specific features to Gutenberg. It will be the wild west of plugins for a while until the cream rises to the top.
A lot to think about!
The big tip our pros wanted to pass on – backup your site before any upgrade. But most importantly, you can’t afford downtime on your website if you’re not at all sure what this upgrade will do to your site, and you don’t think you have the technical skills (or time) to fix everything that goes wrong. break in this process, please contact a professional before proceeding.
We want to hear your questions! Email us, comment on our blog or post your thoughts on Facebook – we’re here to help!
Video about How Do I Fix My.Text Messes To Receive In Order
You can see more content about How Do I Fix My.Text Messes To Receive In Order on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about How Do I Fix My.Text Messes To Receive In Order
If you have any questions about How Do I Fix My.Text Messes To Receive In Order, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How Do I Fix My.Text Messes To Receive In Order was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How Do I Fix My.Text Messes To Receive In Order helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How Do I Fix My.Text Messes To Receive In Order
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 7499309 2
Search keywords How Do I Fix My.Text Messes To Receive In Order
How Do I Fix My.Text Messes To Receive In Order
way How Do I Fix My.Text Messes To Receive In Order
tutorial How Do I Fix My.Text Messes To Receive In Order
How Do I Fix My.Text Messes To Receive In Order free
#Thinking #Updating #WordPress #Site #Gutenberg