You are searching about How Many Lines Of Code Does Linux Kernel 4.X Have, today we will share with you article about How Many Lines Of Code Does Linux Kernel 4.X Have was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How Many Lines Of Code Does Linux Kernel 4.X Have is useful to you.
5 Advantages Of Using Linux Over Windows
So, you are a newbie, or a fairly average Linux user, who wants to know what are the real advantages of Linux over Windows? There are several advantages of Linux, and of course, some disadvantages of using the Linux operating system. This article covers 5 advantages of using Linux on Windows, and also lists some disadvantages.
Advantages of Linux:
- cost – The most obvious advantage of using Linux is the fact that it is freely available, while Microsoft products are available for a large and sometimes recurring fee. Microsoft licenses are usually only allowed to be installed on one computer, while a Linux distribution can be installed on any number of computers, without paying a single penny.
- Security – In line with costs, the security aspect of Linux is much stronger than that of Windows. Why should you spend more money for virus protection software? The Linux operating system has been around since the early nineties and has managed to stay safe in the face of widespread viruses, spyware and adware all these years. Certainly, the argument of the Linux desktop not being widely used is one reason why there are no viruses. My rebuttal is that the Linux operating system is open source and if there is a widespread Linux virus released today, there will be hundreds of patches released tomorrow, either by ordinary people using the operating system or by the distributors. approx. We no longer have to wait for a patch from a company like we did with Windows.
- Choice (Freedom) – The power of choice is a huge advantage of Linux. With Linux, you have the power to control almost every aspect of the operating system. Two major areas you have control over are the look and feel of your desktops through multiple Window Managers, and the kernel. In Windows, you’re either stuck using the boring default desktop theme, or risking corruption or failure by installing a third-party shell.
- Software – There are many software options when it comes to doing any specific task. You can search for a text editor on Freshmeat and it will return hundreds, if not thousands of results. My article on 5 Linux text editors you should know about explains how there are many options just for command-line text editing due to the open source nature of Linux. Regular users and programmers contribute to applications all the time. Sometimes it’s a simple modification or feature enhancement of an existing piece of software, sometimes it’s a new application. Additionally, Linux software tends to be more feature-packed and more user-friendly than Windows software. Best of all, most Linux software is free and open source. Not only do you get the software for free, but you have the option to modify the source code and add more features if you understand the programming language. What more could you ask for?
- Hardware– Linux is perfect for old computers with barely any processing power or memory that you have sitting in your garage or basement collecting dust. Install Linux and use it as a firewall, file server, or backup server. There are endless possibilities. Old 386 or 486 computers with almost any RAM run Linux without any issues. Good luck running Windows on these machines and actually finding a use for them.
Disadvantages of Linux:
- UNDERSTANDING – Becoming familiar with the Linux operating system requires patience as well as a steep learning curve. You must be willing to read and figure things out for yourself, rather than having everything done for you.
- compatibility – Due to its free nature, Linux is sometimes behind the curve when it comes to new hardware compatibility. Although kernel contributors and maintainers work hard to keep the kernel up to date, Linux does not have as much corporate support as alternative operating systems. Sometimes you can find third-party applications, sometimes you can’t.
- Alternative Programs – Although Linux developers have done a great job of creating alternatives to popular Windows applications, there are still some applications that exist on Windows that do not have a corresponding Linux application.
Now that you know some of the advantages of Linux, it’s time to get out there and experiment. Windows can be a great tool for the lazy and incompetent, but it requires a true scholar and someone who wants to learn to run a robust operating system like Linux.
Video about How Many Lines Of Code Does Linux Kernel 4.X Have
You can see more content about How Many Lines Of Code Does Linux Kernel 4.X Have on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about How Many Lines Of Code Does Linux Kernel 4.X Have
If you have any questions about How Many Lines Of Code Does Linux Kernel 4.X Have, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How Many Lines Of Code Does Linux Kernel 4.X Have was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How Many Lines Of Code Does Linux Kernel 4.X Have helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How Many Lines Of Code Does Linux Kernel 4.X Have
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords How Many Lines Of Code Does Linux Kernel 4.X Have
How Many Lines Of Code Does Linux Kernel 4.X Have
way How Many Lines Of Code Does Linux Kernel 4.X Have
tutorial How Many Lines Of Code Does Linux Kernel 4.X Have
How Many Lines Of Code Does Linux Kernel 4.X Have free
#Advantages #Linux #Windows